Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bikram Yoga

So a friend of mine from work talked me into trying Bikram Yoga. Basically it's a series of 26 poses that you run through twice in 90 minutes. Doesn't seem too crazy right? Oh, I forgot to mention that you do it in a room heated to 105 degrees with 50% humidity.

My mom has a friend that SWEARS by Bikram Yoga. So when Jen suggested it I agreed to give it a try. We went today and it was probably the most intense thing I've ever experienced in my life. I really thought it was going to kill me, but when we finished I felt really really good.

It was definitely a challenge but we're going back tomorrow and I'm really excited!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sweat box, hehehe. I've done regular yoga once and loved it. I should give Bikram a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bikram yoga is the best. I've only done it once, but it was just challenging enough. The place I went to gave a discount if you went to the salad place across the street. Extra bonus! I'm curious as to how the second time around goes. I think adrenaline is what got me through the first time

    ReplyDelete