Monday, June 22, 2009

WANTED:

Thrift/vintage store recommendations (for NYC)!
Roxie and I are venturing to the Big Apple this weekend (my first time!) and we're looking to hit up some great thrift/vintage stores while we're there (I'm a little bit of a vintage/thrift whore). So if you have recommendations, we'd love to hear them! We're going to be there for three days and we don't really have any plans so we'd be thrilled with any other kind of recommendation you have--restuaruants, museums, etc. Trust that there will be many, many, many photos of our adventures!

Your favorite (simple! cheap! vegetarian!) recipes!
My sister is in town for some job interviews and I need to feed her. I'm a vegetarian but she's not and she cringed at the mere mention of a tofu stirfry. So I'm taking my search to the interwebs! Does anyone out there have any vegetarian recipes that even a meat-eater couldn't resist?

Four more hours in every day!
There are so many projects I need to complete! Books I need to read! Movies I need to watch! I need more hours in a day! Help!

Oh, and while you're at it, I could really go for some delicious biscotti...

Tropical Biscotti from BocaDulce Chocolate Dipped Almond Pistachio Anise Biscotti from andeverythingspice
Chocolate Chilli Cashew Biscotti from whimsyandspice

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE New York. A picnic in Central Park is a must! There's a great little deli called Zabars (it's the Supermarket from You've Got Mail where Tom Hanks pays for Meg Ryan's food). One of them times we went, Brian and I stopped there and bought some baguettes, and some chunks of cheese and took it to Central Park for a picnic. Awesome!

    The Guggenheim Museum is awesome. The mere structure is amazing, so if you don't care much for modern art, the building itself with awe you.

    And I love biscotti. I soooo want some of these pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I spent time in NY I positively fell in love with Battery Park. It's a really lovely place. Also, if you jump on the Staten Island ferry, I'm pretty sure it's still free and it takes you right past the Statue of Liberty and affords you AMAZING views of lower Manhattan.

    But hands down my favorite place in NY is the Alaxander Hamilton US Customs house. It's...so beautiful.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Hamilton_U.S._Custom_House

    I can't wait to get my package! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My package is waiting for me at home. :-D

    I can't wait to go get it!

    ReplyDelete