Monday, June 15, 2009

I may finally set a world record!

Wow guys, sorry about that long hiatus. My mom and sister have been in town and I've been super busy! One thing I have had time for, however, is to become obsessed with the Universal Record Database.

The creators of the URDB call the website 'a sort of Wikipedia of world records.' People basically set records (really ridiculous records to be precise. Fastest shaving off of one's own mustache? Most giraffe tattoos on a shoulder?), submit them, and the community votes on their validity. There's a great little video about the site here.


I have spent countless hours obsessing over what record I'm going to set/break. I think I can definitely eat six cupcakes in under 11 minutes and 20 seconds. Then again, I've always had a secret crush on John Stamos so maybe I'll try to break the record for most images of 'Uncle Jesse' viewed on a web browser at once. The possibilities really are endless.


I always thought I had to do something extreme to hold a world record, like bake a 2 mile wide chocolate chip cookie. But now that there's the URDB all I have to do is eat 46 M&Ms in under a minute. The sky is the limit for me folks, the sky is the limit.

1 comment:

  1. ...sounds very interesting! Glad you spent some time with your family... Lovely week to you dear~

    ReplyDelete